Desktop doesn't load properly!!

Felipe Lopes wiseguy at ig.com.br
Tue Apr 27 08:39:57 CEST 2004

Hi there!!

I am new to the list and I'm not sure if here is the place to send this,
but...

I have debian basics (debian installer) installed on my pc...
Used apt-get to install x-window and the xfce4...

After installing the package xfce4, I runned startx...It seem that would
load ok, but the xfce4 did not load....it stopped on that gray screen...

Then I pressed alt+f2 and RUN PROGRAM showed up...The window decoration was
ok....

Dun know what is going on but the desktop itself doesn't load....I could run
the RUN PROGRAM, started xterm from there normally, mouse is set (and
working), resolution is set, but the desktop itself just dun load

(I runned ps aux and could see that x-window-manager and xfce-mcs-manager
are running)

Any help on this issue??

Thanx in advance!

Felipe Lopes.