XFCE & QT Apps

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sat Apr 24 09:08:48 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 16:58, purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:

> well thanx & i did test it,
> but all that does is the equivalent of inserting BW's lines (above).
> for whatever reason -- 'kdeinit' loading fonts ? -- ,
> the panel is shorter & its fonts are smaller.
>
> so does anyone have an explanation of the latter (a bug?)
> & any suggestions for getting round the KDE start-up problem otherwise ?

Look mate, I just did some testing here - what I did was to create a
script that goes like this:

#!/bin/sh

wait 20

kdeinit &

exit

That appeared to do the trick - howzabout that? Does that work for you?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com