Problem with Quit in menu

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Wed Apr 21 06:39:45 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 23:41 -0400, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> ah, so you're not running the session manager.  that would have been
> useful to know ^_~.  the quit button in xfdesktop only does what you
> expect if running the session manager.  or if, like you hint at, you
> were to put xfdesktop as the final app in your xinitrc, thus making it
> the 'session controlling' app.

I bet that's the common denominator; I'm not running the session-manager
here either.  At this point, I see two cases: either I edit my xinitrc
or I change the menu entry for quit.  Let's go with the latter.  From
the XFCE forum, here's a command someone gave:
killall -USR2 xfce4-panel

For me, that seems to work from the CLI, but not from my menu.  Anyone?