Problem with Quit in menu

Sergey Manucharyan serge at bonbon.net
Wed Apr 21 05:17:14 CEST 2004

Hi Charles,

Look what's going on: the quit command from desktop menu just terminates xfdesktop with no errors (as a "regular" application launched with trailing & from within xfce/etc/xinitrc), but the panel's exit button works and terminates xfce (asking confirmation question), because the xfce4-panel is the last application in xinitrc without &). So, desktop "freezing" is not freezing - we just have no running desktop anymore.
I also checked the situation running xfce from init 3 - the same behavior. But everything was fine before the upgrading to 4.0.5 (and simultaneous gtk upgrading to 2.4.0).

Sergey