Xfce4 update from RPMs

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Tue Apr 20 11:10:35 CEST 2004

Le mar 20/04/2004 à 10:45, Alejandro Torres Ruiz a écrit :
>     I use Mandrake 10.0 and Xfce4 4.0.4. I would like to update to 4.0.5
> version. So, I've downloaded its RPMs from www.eslrahc.com (thanks!).
> Sometimes I've updated applications from RPMs and I did problems for this
> (applications closed suddenly, it don't open, etc.), I think the way did wrong. So, how should to
> install new packages? Wich is the correct way?

Under Mandrake a tool called 'urpmi' takes care of that for you.
Just download the rpms you need in a directory, cd to that directory and
invoke 'urpmi *' as root, it'll upgrade every package you have.

Alternatively, you may also use eslrahc.com website as a urpmi
repository by entering:
urpmi.addmedia eslrahc http://www.eslrahc.com/10.0/ with hdlist.cz
and then invoking 'urpmi xfce-mcs' and so on for every package you want
updated, it'll then take care of the download and the install for you.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>