Add icons to desktop?

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 19 16:44:51 CEST 2004

040418 Robert.Wultsch at asu.edu wrote:
> First off I love XFCE. It is simple and I love it.
> My g/f has a different view of the world.

yes, XFCE was planned to be simple from the start.

> is there now or will there ever be a way to add icons to the desktop?

there are long-term plans, but no-one is really enthusiastic AFAIK.
i'm a purist, who feels they are a M$ device which XFCE doesn't need.

have you explored what you can do with launchers & the iconbox ?
you need to edit  ~/.xfce4/xinitrc  to use the iconbox.
and as someone else suggested, you can try using Rox too.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca