xfce & kde: tray icons

Sergey Manucharyan serge at bonbon.net
Mon Apr 19 08:16:02 CEST 2004

Hi Olivier,

I think I undestand what is going on: KMenu is part of kicker - kde's
panel, once it's launched it remains running, and since kicker provides
system tray also, it "intercepts" an application attemt to put an icon
in the "proper" xfce's tray. After killing kicker (manually) the
systray-using applications receive a possibility to draw the icon in a
stand-alone transparent window, but not in the tray.

Sergey