XFCE is cool

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Fri Apr 16 20:10:34 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 03:34, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 10:21 -0700, Jack Coates wrote:
> >
> > they're pretty focused on KDE over there, everything else gets attention
> > on the side. Just set up a urpmi source from eslrahc.com and go on with
> > your day.
>
> Not that this reflects on the developer's opinions on the subject, but
> I'd say the biggest portion of the members of the Mandrake Users' Board
> (http://www.mandrakeusers.org) use Gnome.  Incidentally, that's actually
> where I heard about XFCE. :)

Erg - nah.
KDE is top on their list, mate. That's why it's the default desktop.
Gnome has become clunky and "dumb" since 1.4.4 - and the eye candy is
well, non-existent. Mostly the "Mandrakians" are stuck to KDE and the
eye candy - still don't know why they're packaging XFCE 3.1.8 with the
distro...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company