lib error making xfce4-panel-4.0.4

Phil Lawrence prlawrence at Lehigh.EDU
Fri Apr 16 18:47:46 CEST 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Phil Lawrence wrote:
>
>> Pardon,
>>
>> Is this the correct list for install related questions?
>>

> Certainly. Unfortunately I have no solution for you. The error sounds
> like one of the libs is linked against the gtk lib when it was in
> /usr/lib and afterwards the gtk library was updated and moved to
> /usr/X11R6/lib. Something like that.

OK.  I'll take this question to VectorLinux, then, as I did none of the
gtk install -- it was all from their packages.  Also, I could try again
after installing gtk myself...

At any rate, I really liked the early xfce4 package I was able to run.
I'll definately put in the time to get this working because it's a key
part of my plan to convert my wife into a *happy* linux user!  :-)

Thanks!
Phil