problems with CVS version

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 14 20:11:27 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Nikola Pizurica wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 12:18 -0500, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
>
> > Icon locations have changed. Delete $datadir/xfce4/themes and
> > $datadir/xfce4/pixmaps. Any icons set manually have to be changed to use
> > $datadir/xfce4/icons in the the path, since that is where they currently
> > live (although freedesktop standard used by G. and K. point to
> > $datadir/icons). A recent patch also allows ~/.icons, but I have not
> > test that.
>

> I did that, but still Panel doesn't load icons.
> /usr/local/share/xfce4/icons is present, icons are inside. I've tried
> changing name of Noia folder to NoiaX, then went to Panel Preferences,
> and it was in list as NoiaX, so it loads icon folders OK.

ok, are you running the CVS version of the panel as well?  to get icons
working properly on the panel, you need (at minimum), the CVS versions
of:
libxfcegui4
xfce4-panel
xfce4-themes
(plus their dependencies)

please make sure you're running the latest versions.  note that SVG
icons are currently disabled due to a large memory leak that i haven't
found a workaround for yet.

meh, this makes me want to add a '--version' cmdline option to all our
apps...  actually, we probably should.

	-brian