xfce4 - one desktop, one key shortcut

Rene Kolb niino at regnet.cz
Thu Apr 8 02:03:32 CEST 2004

hello xfce user,

	a few days ago i've migrated from my favorit wm wmaker to
xfce4.  it's pretty cool, like the older versions were, a little bit
more hungry, but what can a man do nowadays :)).

	there is (meantime) only one thing that's annoying me a lot.
i can't find out, how to bind a keyboard shortcut to exact desktop.
i was pretty satisfied when using wmaker, which enables user to switch
keyboard by mod+1 -2-...- 0 (or others of course), which is very good
and doesn't force me to touch mouse so often, like (unfortunately)
xfce4 does :( i'm usually using up to 10 desktops and lotta apps
running on a three years old machine,  so scrolling thru desktops
using control+mod - < > or mouse wheel is annoying also :(

the question is:

	- is there any other/standard way how to handle it using xfce4 tools?
	xfwm4rc variable, or others?

	or

	- i'm using xbindkeys to handle my keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
	 is there a way how to send a 'signal' to xfce-panel, that tells him to
	switch to concrete desktop?

any help, links to some docs, tips or howto would be very appreciated.
my right hand labour! :)

thanx and have a nice day

rene