Starting up: errors

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Wed Apr 7 03:31:43 CEST 2004

I finally got around to figuring out why my ~/.xfce4/* settings were not
being used to start up on boot.  Turns out that my xinitrc was not
executable.  (Thanks to Jasper for the online docs!)

Now I have another problem: when I do start up with it, I get a bunch of
errors.  The only thing I can get from them is that I don't have
xfce-session installed (something I'm ok with).

I don't know how to capture the output to paste it here.  I tried
running it as "startxfce4 > ~/xfce.log", but that just gave me one line:
"/usr/bin/startxfce4: Starting X server".  Not very helpful.

My xinitrc file is older, from running 4.0.3, so it's possible there are
inconsistencies between it and what I'm currently running.  If you all
could help me hone in on the problem, that'd be great.  Sorry I can't
command more of my own resources.

Thanks,
Andrew