Terminal and Environment variables

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Tue Apr 6 04:25:22 CEST 2004

Sorry for all the questions; I just got my email working again on my
Linux machine, so there have been a few on my mind for the last few
weeks.

I just removed xterm because I never use it, but now the launchers that
are made to start in terminal won't do so.  Do they require xterm to
run?  If so, why and how would I change that?

Second question: Why does XFCE automatically bind its default menu to
xterm and Mozilla for the terminal and web manager?  I think it'd be
better if it implemented the environment variables for those things,
making the XFCE experience more customised with less effort. ;)