Q:Choosing xfce language, how ?

Animateur cyber de Saint-Thonan (Stéphane Ascoët) cybersaint-thonan at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 2 16:08:59 CEST 2004

> xfce4 is internationalised using GNU gettext, so exporting LANG=fr_FR
> before starting xfce should do the trick.
Hello, what does mean export ? When I do : "echo $LANG", I get
"fr_FR at euro". However, XFCE is right in french when launching it from
kdm, but in english when launching it from gdm. And I need to use gdm,
because kdm hangs on the computer (distribution : Freeduc, based upon
KNOPPIX/Debian).
--
Mail, Camino & AW6.2.4 under eMac OS X.2.8 (viruses ? what's that ? :-)
)