opening a app on an other virtual desktop

Sander Balkenende sbalk at dds.nl
Tue Sep 30 19:14:10 CEST 2003

Dear list,

First of all, congratulations to the developers for bringing me this very nice
product! I am right now trying to switch from kde after a few years kde'ing
and I think this time I found the right DE!

question: How do I start an app on a different virtual desktop than 1? I want
to start my mail app on desktop 2 from ~/Desktop/Autostart

slightly related: how do I start gkrellm2 sticky? Now I have to click an press
alt-F10

is there a sort of wrapper script capable of providing this sort of
functionality? Like kstart in kde.
I read through the docs but couldn't find it

Thanks,

Sander