gpilot crashes

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Mon Sep 29 19:05:44 CEST 2003

In a previous message, Matt Price <matt.price at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 05:19:09PM +0100, John Pettigrew wrote:
> > Why are you running gnome-pilot? It is (AFAIK) only needed for Evolution.
>
> well, I really much prefer evolution's GUI to that of jpilot.  so if it's
> available, I'd like to use gpilot/evolution.  if not, I'll stick with
> jpilot.

Fair enough - as I said, it you want Evolution, stick with gnome-pilot (like
you've got a choice!). I'm afraid that I don't know much about it but it's
unlikely to be XFce at fault - I've heard plenty of moans about gnome-pilot
from KDE and Gnome users on another list.

Does it work if you're using a different desktop environment?

(BTW, I assume you know that Evolution doesn't actually do a full backup of
your Palm? You need to do that in addition if want your memos etc. backed up.)

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price