XFCE4, not using xfdesktop

- Kocil k0c1l at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:38:59 CEST 2003

Dear all.

I have to turn off xfdesktop for some reasons:
1. I prefer chbg to manage my backgrounds
2. I run some programs that need to access the root screen (e.g xpenguins).
    They can not work when xfdesktop is running.

However, now I'm missing the root menu.
The root menu was generated by menumaker,
I'm not interested to enter it one-by one to to the panel launchers.

Any idea to compromise this situation ?
IMHO, the root menu should belong to windows manager, not to the desktop.

Cheers.