Settings

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Mon Sep 29 12:53:02 CEST 2003

In a previous message, Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:08:21 +0100 John Pettigrew <john at pettigrew.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > I've worked out my workspaces problem - I needed to copy the default file
> > from/usr/share/xfwm4 into ~.xfce4/xfwm4rc. So, that's that.
> >
> > However, I will also need to put my keytheme into my local directory,
> > ready for the next upgrade! What should this be called locally? (Remember,
> > I'm not running xfdesktop so can't use the Settings tool!)
>
> Um .. who told you that you can only use the settings manager when you are
> running xfdesktop? There are other ways of accessing it .. like right
> clicking on the panel and select 'Settings manager'.

If you recall, though, I'm using only xfwm4 from XFce4 (with Rox-Filer and
Gnome-panel). So, I've no way of accessing the settings manager, and don't
even have it installed.

There's usually a way of doing these things by hacking config files and I just
needed to know which settings to alter in which files! However, I've got this
sorted and am just waiting on how to store my keytheme locally  :-)

Thanks,

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price