Combining XFCE and Pekwm

HaywireMac haywiremac at orderinchaos.org
Mon Sep 29 07:08:33 CEST 2003

I have seen a couple of posts which mentioned, or seemed to mention,
using a combination of XFCE and another WM.

There are features in Pekwm which I cannot live without, such as
autogrouping of Windows and Autoprops that let me set geometries and
position and decor per app, etc.

However, I very much like some of the features of XFCE, and so would
like to run an amalgam of the two.

My question is, what would my .xinitrc look like in order to do this? I
would like to have the XFCE panel (autohide), the IconBox, and the
Systray functionality, as well as the ability to switch GTK themes using
the XFCE settings dialogue. What components would I need to run and in
what order in my .xinitrc?

I assume "exec pekwm" would be the last entry, and I would leave out
xfwm4 --daemon?

Thanks for any guidance, I think this would be a really great combo!

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046