xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

David O'Shaughnessy doshaugh at student.ecu.edu.au
Sun Sep 28 22:07:47 CEST 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:41:12 -0400 (EDT)
Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > The taskbar has a big advantage over icons on the desktop, in that it's
> > never covered by app windows.
>
> Some would consider that a disadvantage.

I've never understood this. The taskbar lets you access all the windows easily, and it doesn't take up much space. If you have your minimised windows on the desktop, then you have to move things out of the way / minimise all windows to get at them. That seems very cumbersome to me. The way XFce3 worked was the reason I deleted it ;)

Dave.