xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

Rob Lahaye lahaye at snu.ac.kr
Sun Sep 28 08:34:23 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have tried new version 4 recently and almost instantly missed features that
I use so often in version 3. Suprisingly, whatever I tried and searched, these
features seem to be absent in 4. Here's what I'm talking about:

1) right-mouse-click in window title bar
    In version 3, this is a shortcut for shading the window.
    I like this feature so much; am I the only one, that this
    has not been ported to version 4 ?

2) midle-mouse-click on root window
    In version 3, this gives a list of operators on windows
    (e.g. move, resize, (de)iconify, etc.)

3) In version 3, the leftmost gadget in the window bar (shows as a "-"),
    when clicked, shows a list of simular actions as in (2): move, resize,
    (de)iconify, etc.

4) How to create an application window without windowbar, sticky,
    always-ontop etc. In xfce3, I have in xfwmrc, f.ex:
        Style "xbiff"  NoTitle, Sticky, StayOnTop

Note that xbiff has "NoTitle", so I need "missing feature" (2) to move this
window elsewhere!

Regards,
Rob.