Documentation [WAS: Re: Wish features]

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sun Sep 28 10:55:23 CEST 2003

Op zo 28-09-2003, om 00:53 schreef mc collilieux:
> Hello, it seems that we are three volunteers to translate in french.
>
> What files exactly need to be translated ?
>
>  - the docs in xml ?
>    - xfce-utils.xml
>    - xfce4-user-guide.xml
>    - copyright.xml
>    - others
>  - or the docs in html ?
>  - the file "tips" in the program ?
>  - some .po ?
>
> Redo screenshots in french ?
>
> and how we can do to exchange with you ?

Ok, there are basically three things that can be translated:
 * programs: this is done through .po files.
 * documentation: written in docbook xml, so the xml files are ones
   that should be translated.
 * webpages: If I'm not mistaken they are written in html directly

The documentation can be found in the doc/ directory of the source
tarballs. All main modules have a manual, the extras do not (hint to the
authors!). On top of that, the xfce-utils module also contains the user
guide.

If you translate the documentation, the screenshots should be translated
as well.

You can send the translations to the xfce4-dev list or to me directly.

	Jasper