corrupt file?

myth47 at comcast.net myth47 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 15:34:09 CEST 2003

I saw the following on Slashdot and thought I'd bring it to your attention.  I
don't run Red Hat so I couldn't verify.

"I advise all RedHat users (downloading XFce RPMs) not to download and install
gtk2-2.2.4-1rh9.i386.rpm from the XFce SourceForge page - it prevented my gdm
graphical greeter from loading the login screen.

The error message was: "The theme for the graphical greeter is corrupt. It does
not contain definition for the username/password entry element." I clicked OK
several times, but the error message stayed there.

If you run into troubles, revert to an older package like gtk2-2.2.2-
0.ximian.6.3.i386.rpm or gtk2-2.2.1-4.i386.rpm"

If you already checked it out, please return to your regularly scheduled e-
mail.  Thanks.

Lionel