Custom background

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Thu Sep 25 18:39:57 CEST 2003

First of all, WOW!  I've just installed xfce rc4, and it is
fast-fast-fast.  Visibly faster than Ximian XD2, and lots less resource
hungry to boot.

One question:

Is it possible to have a changing background?  I download live pics from
US National Parks and use xloadimage to display them in the root
window.  This works fine in gnome once I disable nautilus, but it does
not work at all in xfce.  Is it possible to have a live background?

In other words, xloadimage -onroot $IMAGE doesn't have any effect at
all.

Thanks,

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq