Terminal Programs and Icons

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Thu Sep 25 05:51:47 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 13:04, Bob Snyder wrote:
> Thanks to Jack Coates and Nikola Pizurica for the suggestions and
> comments on terminal programs. But does anyone know of any terminals
> that include icons for when they're minimized (like to the iconbox)?
>
> I tried dzt, but no joy.
>
> Bob S.

I know that when I'm using GuhNome Terminal and/or Konsole I can get the
neat associated icon in the icon box - but with anything/everything else
(Eterm, xterm - all flavours, wterm, aterm, rxvt) I get the silly little
default "I don't have an icon!" icon...

I've tried time and time again to figure out how to change it, but gave
up and just stick with GuhNome Terminal and Konsole when I really really
need to know what term/program I'm running...sucks, but I live with
it...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Fun Facts, #63: The name California was given to the state by Spanish
conquistadores. It was the name of an imaginary island, a paradise on
earth, in the Spanish romance, "Les Serges de Esplandian", written by
Montalvo in 1510.