System Tray Bug in rc4

Erick invitebmx at cox-internet.com
Thu Sep 25 04:46:33 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am using rc4 and have noticed the following annoyance.  System tray
icons (on the panel system tray) are only partially visiable and are not
functional (e.g. cannot access gaim menus when left-click on icon) for
apps launched during xfce4 start-up (from xinitrc).  Bug goes away when
either 1) application is shut down and restarted, 2) system tray is
removed and then re-added to the panel, or 3) the panel is changed from
horizonal to vertical or vice versa.

Another annoyance with the system tray in rc4 is when another app that
uses the system tray is launched then closed, the system tray displays
the icon fpr the remaining application correctly and it is functional --
but there is blank space for another icon or two.

I have not noticed this with the taskbar, but then again I am no longer
using it (prefer the icon box -- even if most apps are represented by a
generic icon).

        Everything is linked...

        Erick <invitebmx at cox-internet.com>