How to disable the taskbar?

MvH cola at looze.net
Thu Sep 25 02:37:53 CEST 2003

> Hi there,
hi

> How can I disable the taskbar? Do I need to re-compile something, or can it be
> done from a config file?

I dunno maybe someone else. I put it auto hide. and grown to like it.

> How do I raise/lower windows? I'd like to be able to move both the Panel and
> the Iconbox to the background. And I usually have many windows open and keep
> them all on one dekstop, so raising/lowering (along with shading) are quite
> important features for me.

You're asking my question ( the reason I became a member of this list)
But I found the question halfway:
In "settings" "window manager" it allows you to define an action to
"doubleclicking" the "top of the window" (what is it  called?)
You can set it  to shade.

I saw something on the net where you could set the doubleclick speed. some
advanced config tool. I got used to this doubleclick speed now so I havn't
checked it out.

> Thanks!
I would like to thank the developers of XFCE4 too!