Xfce4 Settings Trashed?

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Mon Sep 22 14:31:10 CEST 2003

I'm running IceWM right now because my xfce4 panel is empty of anything
except the generic "gear" icons. The laptop system worked fine at home
this morning, but when I booted it at the office, the system hung with
the drive light lit and no mouse response. I had to reset the box to get
it going again. When it rebooted, the xfce4 settings were gone.

I'm running a fairly recent xfce4 from DEBs that Ken Moffatt put
together.

If I'm correct that xfce4rc has the panel settings in it, then I guess
I'm hosed because both it and xfce4rc.bak have only a skeleton in them:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Xfce>
  <Panel orientation="0" layer="0" size="2" popupposition="2"
icontheme="Curve" groups="9">    <Position x="274" y="697"
screenwidth="1024" screenheight="768"/>  </Panel>
  <Groups>
    <Group>
      <Popup/>
      <Control id="-2" popup="1">
        <Command term="0" sn="0"/>
        <Icon id="0"/>
      </Control>
    </Group>
(and more of the same)

Guess I shoulda done a recent backup, huh?

I wish I knew what happened to my system to get xfce4rc and xfce4rc.bak
emptied.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**