Add on's for XFCE 4

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbenterprises.com
Mon Sep 22 01:13:07 CEST 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:04:58 -0400
Ed <epugh1 at nycap.rr.com> graced me with:

> I love the new XFCE.  I do wish there was a sound server...

<snipped>

Have you tried using Enlightenment Sound Daemon? I used it to play a
wave file every time I had email in Sylpheed: 'esdplay -nobeep <wave
file>'. I suppose I could incorporate the same 'esdplay' calls to
starting and quitting XFce-4, if I wanted to. Once 'esd' is running, any
program that will recognize 'esd' should use be able to use it as a
sound server. XMMS accepted 'esd' output, quite well.

My needs have been simple, so this has worked for me.

HTH,

Paul