desktop menu "quit"

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Wed Sep 17 07:02:36 CEST 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:44:50 -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:

> I uncommented the "Quit" option in the desktop menu, but when I click
> it, the menu disappears and no longer functions, but Xfce4 does not
> quit. Is there a desktop menu option for exiting xfce4? (other than the
> panel)

Without a session manager, either the panel quit will work as expected or the
desktop quit will work but not both. If you prefer the desktop quit option then
you need to edit your ~/.xfce4/xinitrc so that xfdesktop is the session
controlling application. When you do that, the 'Quit' option on the desktop menu
will close the desktop. However, the quit option of the panel will then only
cause the panel to exit.

The best option is probably to install xfce4-session from CVS.

-- b