new user feedback

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan at vsnl.net
Wed Sep 17 03:18:39 CEST 2003

hi all,

i downloaded/compiled/installed xfce from yesterday's cvs snapshot with
the minicmd, netload and systemload plugins. except for a couple of
glitches it is running/working fine and is a pleasure to use. my
questions:

1) the sourceforge cvs seems to be down. since i downloaded a cvs
snapshot, would it be possible for me to switch to cvs later? ( on a
dialup, downloading another 16 or so mb is a pain :)

2) maximising windows, makes the windows cover the panel. is this the
intended behaviour? setting the workspace margins in the xfce settings
manager doesn't seem to have any effect when maximising windows...

3) i use kppp but the netload plugin doesn't seem to detect any
traffic...

appreciate any inputs on the above. and thanks for an excellent piece of
software.

regards, subash.