xfce4 rc3 + icons + idesk

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Mon Sep 15 11:12:50 CEST 2003

In a previous message, Stephen Kuhn <skuhn at telpacific.com.au> wrote:

> has anyone tried using ROX as the desktop yet been able to access the XFCE4
> "right-click" to get a menu on the desktop?

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Do you mean using xfdesktop and
Rox-Filer instead of xffm? This is what I do when using XFce4 and I have no
problems with the desktop menu.

If you mean you're using Rox-filer to draw the desktop (or pinboard, as it
refers to it), I'm not sure why you expect to get the xfdesktop menu. You
should get the Rox-Filer popup menu instead. If you want the xfdesktop menu,
you could probably hack Rox-Filer to do that!

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price