screenshot

Andy tireseas at onetel.com
Sun Sep 14 13:06:53 CEST 2003

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 01:36, Andy wrote:
>

>>Oliver, as a matter of interest, and as a (very) neophyte programmer -
>>what language do you guys use in XFce? Is it C++ or Python or an amalgam
>>of different bits that work?
>>

>It's pure C.
>
>Cheers,

Thanks Ken, Stephen & Oliver. I will check the source code out: good
education and all, especially since I am going to be learning C this
semester at school.
OT, I know, but I thought that I'd ask: the school will be teaching C in
a Windows environment, and I use a Linux environment exclusively, and
hence would be using the gcc, whereas I think that they will be using
either the Borland compiler or some free/share-ware variation. I'm
curious to what extent these differ - as in, if I am doing homework here
on my Slackware box, I presume that if I compile it at home and it
works, I should (???) be able to take the source code to school and
compile it on the Windows compiler. But will it work?
Just curious.

Cheers
- Andy