XFCE4 and submenus

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Sep 9 17:54:05 CEST 2003

Unfortunately you have to do a bit more xml magic to get htis to work.

>From the comments in /etc/xfce4/menu.xml :

+ Including other files:
  Other files can be included by using an xml trick. This is a little
  bit complicated.

  First you have to define a so called entity in the file header. See
  above, where we define a 'menu2' entity to point to a "menu2.xml"
  file.

  Then you can use '&entityname;' anywhere in the menu file and it will
  be replaced with the contents of the file the entity points to.

  This can be useful for example if you make a script that generates a
  gnome menu and put it in a separate file.

So, what you have to to is to define an entity menu3 pointing to
menu3.xml and use &menu3; to include the file.

	Jasper