Can't Start xfwm4

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Sep 9 15:46:05 CEST 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, John Lowell wrote:

> It would seems that I've been acting on a mistaken premise: That xfwm4,
> when used as a stand-alone, would function in a way similar to fluxbox
> or waimea and offer similar capabilities. One does well not to force
> square pegs into round holes, eh? :-)
>
> Since it had not been my choice to install a full scale DE, but rather
> to use something substantially lighter simply to open programs, it looks
> as though I'll have to set xfwm4 aside. Its clearly intended to operate
> only inside the xfce4 envelope.

	No need to do that.  fluxbox and the rest are built to start up
the equivalent to xfwm4, xfce4-desktop & either the taskbar or the
iconbox.  I'm betting that you'll see more functionality with this kind of
xfwm setup and an equal or lesser usage of system resources.

--
Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer
Hoping to make Ozeki someday.