Remarks on Xfce4

Robert Serphillips rserphillips at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 18:09:28 CEST 2003

> Or maybe you might want learn to actually use xfce4...

I'm trying.. Hence I'm posting the questions I have because I can't
seem to figure it out. Isn't that what mailing lists are for?

> > In the current Setup box there are options to change
> > the colors for the pointer, window border, and such. To get the
> > same effect in 4 I had to manually edit my gtkrc/gtkrc-2.0 file,
> > which is a pain because the colors settings are in hex.
>
> If you have a $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 then that will take precedence over
> the theme settings, so I'm not surprised that doesn't work for
> you... Whatever you select, you get your own colors. It's your
> choice, not a bug in xfce4.

I never said it was a bug, I'm just posing the question. I prefer not
to use the gtkrc files but in xfce3 they are generated
by the Setup menu. I can't find a way to change it even if I remove
them in 4. In order to get my custom color set that I've been using in
xfce3 I had to revert to using them

> You state that xfce4 is VERY early in the development? Oh, come on,
> it's been under development for almost 2 years!

Let me rephrase that.. The project has not had an official released
yet. I'm just trying to make the statement that because of this we
might (hopefully) see the icon feature in the future.

-Rob