gnome sounds in xfce4

Glenn Johnson glennpj at charter.net
Sun Sep 7 05:03:45 CEST 2003

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 07:28:01PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:

> Glenn Johnson wrote:
>
> >I am currently playing with xfce 3.99.3 and am wondering if there is
> >a way to get gnome event sounds while logged into xfce.  This is not
> >a major thing but it would be nice.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> hmm, I know xfce3 had xfsound, but there seems to be no sound server
> in xfce4.

Yes, I know there is no sound server in xfce4.

I guess what I want to do is have gnome event sounds played through esd.
I have esd running but the gnome application events that would trigger
a sound in a pure gnome environment do not do so in xfce4.  I probably
need something else running but I am not sure what.

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj at charter.net