Customizing keys

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri Sep 5 10:55:20 CEST 2003

Perhaps this can be added to the FAQ?

Q. How do I change keyboard shortcuts in XFce 4?
A. Although xfwm4 was not designed as a general keyboard handling
application you can define 10 keyboard shortcuts. If you need more
consider using a specialized application like xbindkeys, or ...

This is how to create a personal key theme:

 $ mkdir -p ~/.themes/xfwm4/custom.keys/
 $ cp /usr/local/share/xfwm4/themes/default.keys/keythemerc
~/.themes/xfwm4/custom.keys/
 $ ${EDITOR} ~/.themes/xfwm4/custom.keys/keythemerc

Then go to settings -> window manager -> keyboard and focus, and choose
your new key theme from the list.

Note: The location of the default theme depends on your installation
prefix. The example shows the default when building from source.

	Jasper