Print Screen

Mike Lundy novas007 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 2 08:43:26 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 19:53, Phaith wrote:
> Ok so I'm getting really comfy with Xfce4 now. Thanx for the tips
> about Killing applications.
> One more problem though. How tha hell do I "Print Screen" and then
> for example paste it in The Gimp?

Here's the function i usually use:

screenshot () {
        filename=screenshot-`date +"%F_%I.%M.%S"`
        cd $HOME
        xwd -root > $filename.xwd
        convert $filename.xwd $filename.png
        rm -f $filename.xwd
        mv $filename.png /opt/www/mike/htdocs/album/desktop
        cd /opt/www/mike/htdocs/album/desktop
        album -file_sizes -clean -name_sort -reverse_sort -notheme
-known_images
        echo "http://www.fluffypenguin.org/album/desktop/$filename.png"
}

It's written for zsh, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work in
bash. It takes the shot, makes it a png, then moves it into my photo
album and regenerates the album thumbnail pages. Last, it prints the
url for the file for easy copy-pasting :)

album is from http://MarginalHacks.com/Hacks/album/
--
To smash a single atom, all mankind was intent.
Now any day the atom may return the compliment.