XFCE4 FreeBSD 5.1 install problems

Bram Van Dam gandalfbram at pandora.be
Mon Sep 1 20:21:24 CEST 2003

At 19:41 1/09/2003, you wrote:
>Hey Bram,
>
>Ok, I'm replying to you original post. You say libxfce4util compile
>complains about a missing libxfce4util pc file. This makes no sense,
>since it provides this file for other packages that depend on it;
>libxfce4util certainly doesn't depend on itself ...

I seem to have figured it out. It's not complaining about the file, it's
complaining about gnome-config. Now, someone needs to rewrite that
configure file so its errors make sense.
Now I wonder, why doesn't it say *anywhere* that xfce4 requires
gnome-libs-devel? I'll install that and cross my fingers.

On a side note, I made a little error here as well, obviously libxfce4util
installs just fine, it's libxfcegui4 that makes a mess of things, my
mistake :o).
  - Bram