Add Item question

Amarpreet Rattan arattan at math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 30 22:56:39 CET 2003

two state launchers are kind of neat.  I use them for mounting and
unmounting stuff.  I don't know who it was some posts ago, but the posted
some code that essentially tells you if something is mounted (on) or
unmounted (off).  if it is not mounted and there is media in the drive, it
will mount it, and if it is already mounted it will unmount and eject it.
here is the code that was posted.  I use it for both my cdrom and digital
camera (with appropriate adjustments).

--------------------------

#!/bin/sh
# script to mount/umount cdrom
# for use with xfce4-trigger-launcher
if [ "$1" = "1" ]; then
    mount /mnt/cdrom &> /dev/null
elif [ "$1" = "0" ]; then
    eject /mnt/cdrom &> /dev/null
else
    STATUS=`grep cdrom /proc/mounts`
    if [ "x$STATUS" = "x" ]; then
        echo 0
    else
        echo 1
    fi
fi

I like it because one click mounts/umounts stuff.

amps.