command line to change wallpaper

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Oct 25 09:06:01 CEST 2003

Op za 25-10-2003, om 06:44 schreef Jack Coates:

> xplanet already has its own program for doing this, xplanetbg.
>
> The pertinent bit of information in this whole thread is to turn off
> xfdesktop.
>
> End of line.

That never works does it ;-)

Anyway, just to clarify something, it is possible to do this with
xfdesktop. The parent post of this thread has the right idea:

1) make xplanet write an image to a file periodically (say myimage.jpg)
2) choose myimage.jpg as background
3) run 'xfdesktop' periodically to refresh the background

This works fine, just not from cron. That's why I suggested a little
script, to be run at X startup, that just calls xfdesktop every x
minutes.

	Jasper