fetchmail ans spamassassin

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Thu Oct 16 17:48:16 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 03:16, Francois Le Clainche wrote:
> Le jeudi 16 octobre 2003 à 07:51, Jean Magnan de Bornier a écrit:
>
> > > Anyways, you can configure procmail to filter stuff using spamassassin.
> > Yes I know, but then spamassassin does not work as a daemon (or am I wrong
> > on this?)
>
> Launching on startup:
>
> /usr/sbin/spamd -u your_username &
>
> And adding that to .procmailrc:
>
> :0fW:
> * < 56000
> | /usr/bin/spamc
>
> :0:
> spam-mail

let's take this all the way into left field with some more procmail
advice...
# Create a backup cache of 50 most recent messages in case of mistakes
LOGABSTRACT=no
:0 c
$PMSRC/backupmail
:0 ci
| cd $PMSRC/backupmail && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,50d`

# Anti-spam measures.
# SpamAssassin rule
# The condition line ensures that only messages smaller than 250 kB
# (250 * 1024 = 256000 bytes) are processed by SpamAssassin. Most spam
# isn't bigger than a few k and working with big messages can bring
# SpamAssassin to its knees.
# Sourceforge and some other sites have started to run SpamAssassin on
# their own mail, so this rule lets us skip re-running it here.
:0fw
* < 256000

# Mails with a score of 15 or higher are almost certainly spam (with 0
# false positives according to rules/STATISTICS.txt). Let's put them i
# safe place, like /dev/null
# After a few days, I'm adjusting this down to 10.
:0:
/dev/null

--
Jack Coates