session manager + ???

Collins Richey laser186 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 11 01:36:37 CEST 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:23:26 -0600
"Collins Richey" <laser186 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org>
> >To: xfce list <xfce at xfce.org>
> >Subject: Re: session manager + ???
> >Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:58:33 +0200
> >

> >I'm curious, do you run smproxy? That might solve your issue. Besides
> >that, I'm running the session manager INCLUDING Firebird and other
> >critical stuff without the slightest error (well, it doesn't start up
> >at the last desktop is was used at but thats rather a Firebird
> >related issue).
> >

>I can't seem to find enough info about smproxy.  I have an smproxy
>installed, but the manpage and the xfce session manager instructions
>are a bit cryptic.  How would I use smproxy to help with
>MozillaFirebird or OpenOffice?

This is from the smproxy manpage:

I can read the manpage, but how and when do you run smproxy?  Standalone
execution before starting any other sessions?

At present session man\ager is pretty much DOA for me.  One time it will
restart; another time it will fail.  Even if it restarts, it doesn't restart
everything on the desktop it came from.  If it fails to restart, it dies
continually until you wipe out ~/.xfce4/sessions.

--
Collins
xfce4 on 2.6.0-test6 kernel