XFCE 4 + directfb

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Oct 7 20:07:33 CEST 2003

Hi

> now, I installed XFCE4, but every time I move a window, the screen
> goes black until I stop moving it. all other operations are just
> "normal"

It's a bug in XDirectFB that doesn't handle XInputOnly windows correctly
(XInputOnly are supposed to be, well, as it says, input only windows, ie
no output, no visibility) What you are seeing is the InputOnly window
that is mapped on top of everything when accessing menus, resizing and
moving windows in xfwm4.

Please send a bug report to either XDirectFB or DirectFB developpers as
their X server doesn't conform to the specifications.

Note: I have to resend this message to the list because any mail I send
from my Wanadoo.fr account desn't get to the list, just like if
"wanadoo.fr" was blacklisted, which is very annoying, to say the least.

Cheers,
Olivier.
Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org