What do you think about a forum?

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sun Oct 5 16:54:36 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 06:59, Ken Moffat wrote:
> sweiss3 at walla.co.il wrote:
>
> >Hey all. I was wondering if maybe it's possible to have a forum rather than (or in edition to) the mailing list.
> >
> personally I prefer mailing lists. So my preference would be "in
> addition to".

exactly. This argument has come up on several of the support communities
I help out in -- basically it rages back and forth for about a week,
until it becomes clear that the developers and power users are all email
people and the newbies looking for help are all forum people.

Feel free to build a forum on your own that can be linked from the
xfce.org site, but don't ask the developers to take time, and recognize
the need for a bridging function to get material from the mailing lists
inserted into the forum.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...