What do you think about a forum?

sweiss3 at walla.co.il sweiss3 at walla.co.il
Sun Oct 5 13:36:11 CEST 2003

Hey all. I was wondering if maybe it's possible to have a forum rather than (or in edition to) the mailing list. As someone with a web-based e-mail account, limited with size and not too easy to manage when it comes to high trafic, I think a forum is a lot easier to use and by far more convenient than a mailing list. A forum is a much more organized way of asking and receiving support if you ask me, and also forums can contain archives, so that the same question doesn't have to be asked over and over again. Also in a forum you can pretty much combine all the mailing lists of XFce, by putting up several catagories. I think it's a much more convenient way of exchanging information. Also, Invision Powerboard is a free php-based forum which is very easy to configure and maintain.

What do you think?