Plug-ins Lack Color

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbenterprises.com
Sat Oct 4 00:41:22 CEST 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 00:20:52 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> graced me with:

> Op za 04-10-2003, om 00:09 schreef Paul M. Bucalo:
> > I just installed from tarballs the XFce-4 Battery and System/Net
> > load plug-ins on my laptop running Mandrake 9.1. At first, I had
> > to export the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to get them to compile and install,
> > but then they seemed to install fine. Everything now works, except
> > that the indicator bars will not show color on the panel. Can
> > anyone tell me what I have amiss and what I should do about it?
> >

> Some themes override the color, some don't. Choose a different them
> from the user interface dialog.
>
> 	Jasper

I went through most of the WM Themes and User Interface choices, but
you are speaking of a very large number of choices. :0) Anyway, I went
through a lot of combos and nothing changes. On my RH 9 workstation
the Adept theme and XFce-Basic for User Interface worked, but when I
tried this combo on the laptop running Mandrake 9.1, there still isn't
any color.

I'm thinking I misplaced something when I install from the
tarballs...

Thanks for the suggestion. Any other ideas?

Paul

> PS
> Francois, can this be added to the FAQ, or is it already?

Nothing on this is there, I checked.

PMB