Launching application on a particular workspace

Sander Balkenende sbalk at dds.nl
Fri Oct 3 14:31:42 CEST 2003

I had the same question a few days ago and someone pointed me at
xfce4-session (not released yet, check cvs), the use of kstart (yes, it's a
kde program) and I later found out Devil's Pie (Check the 3d party programs
section on the xfce website. Devil's Pie detects and recognizes programs
launched based on their name for instance and applies a certain rule to it
(do not appear in the tasklist fi (ideal for gdesklets not to appear in
'alt-tab') or start at workspace n (or on all). Check out its options.

Sander