Getting RHN update notifier to work in System Tray

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbenterprises.com
Thu Oct 2 14:34:09 CEST 2003

I've scoured the XFce archives and the Web, but still can't figure out
how to get the Red Hat Network (RHN) icon/notifier to show up in
XFce-4's System Tray. Has anyone done it, and wouldn't mind telling me
how it's done? To be clear: I want to have the RHN icon in my System
Tray with checks running in the background, then alert me when an
update is available -- just like in RH/GNOME. Is it possible?

BTW, I found a script called 'rhn_update_check' by Andy Gormanly:

http://www.cmmp.ucl.ac.uk/~atg/

...but, I'm still new with scripting and don't see how his script is
going to graphically notify me of updates in XFce4. Any help,
direction or words of sympathy are greatly appreciated. :0)

TIA!

Paul